Our Intumescent Mastic is a one part intumescent acrylic mastic for sealing gaps around fire doors, window frames and for sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire rated structures. The sealant forms a char, preventing the passage of fire and smoke, when exposed to the heat of a fire.
Maintains fire integrity when sealing around pipes and cables that penetrate walls. Suitable for flexible walls, rigid walls & floors
- in Block Wall, Concrete, Masonry and Plasterboard Partition.
- in Linear Joints up to 50mm wide tested in large service openings up to 490 x 150mm.
- for sealing of linear joints in concrete floors, masonry walls and plasterboard including head of wall details.
- around metallic pipes, cable trays, cable bunches, small, medium and large cables
See Data Sheets and additional information below
INTUMESCENT ACOUSTIC MASTIC
Intumescent Mastic with Acoustic Rating For Interior or Exterior Use
- Advanced intumescent formulation.
- Fire resistance: EN 1366-3 EI 120, EN 1366-4 EI 240 and BS 476 300 mins.
- Fire Classification to EN 13501-2.
- Acoustic Isolation to EN 10140 to 48dB.
- Air Permeability testing to EN 1026 to 600Pa – 100Pa 0.0/0.0 m3/h/m2.
- Mechanical Adhesion and Tensile testing to EN ISO 8039 & EN ISO 9046.
- Tested with Metallic Pipes, Cables, Cable Bunches, Cable Trays and Cable Ladders.
- Causes no known adverse effects to plastic pipes, plastic cables, sheathing or metallic components.
- Joint movement capability of +/- 20%.
- Highly flexible and water resistant.
- Halogen free, resists fungi and vermin.
- NHBC Type Approval
- A one part intumescent acrylic mastic for sealing gaps around fire doors, window frames and for sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire rated structures. The sealant forms a char, preventing the passage of fire and smoke, when exposed to the heat of a fire.
- Maintains fire integrity when sealing around pipes and cables that penetrate walls.
- Tested in block wall, concrete, masonry and plasterboard partition.
- Tested in concrete floors.
- Tested in Linear Joints up to 50mm wide.
- Tested in large service openings up to 490 x 150mm.
- Tested for sealing of linear joints in concrete floors, masonry walls and plasterboard including head of wall details.
- Tested around metallic pipes, cable trays, cable bunches, small, medium and large cables.
- Sealant remains highly flexible after installation
- In normal use the mastic will maintain the sound reduction index of a structure.
- The mastic has been independently tested in accordance with BS476 and EN requirements. It can provide up to 300 mins of fire resistance depending on depth/width and volumetric area – please refer to the Performance Table below.
- It has good unprimed adhesion to a wide variety of common building substrates. although we do recommend that a small area is tested on unusual substrates.
- The fire resistance tests have been achieved through testing according to EN 1366-3, EN 1366-4 & BS 476 Part 20 &
- 22/1987 are specific to the conditions of test. They do, however, provide a good indication of the expected performance of the sealant in fire situations. To achieve a specific fire rating, all substrates being used in the system must have equivalent fire ratings.
PRODUCT CODES: : Off White – Supplied in 310ml cartridges.
Please quote-Quantity / Trade name / Product Code /Size Typical example: / 310ml
BS476 Part 20: 1987
EN1366-3 EI120, EN1366-4 EI120, EN13501-2 EN1026 Air Permeability
EN10140 Acoustic Reduction
Loss Prevention Council CC89629
NHBC Type Approval.
Off White (which can be over painted if required).
Do not ingest. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes. Use barrier cream and/or gloves. Normal good industrial practices should be observed.
Low VOC (air quality).
No Power Tools required for installation (no energy souce required). Dust free.
Low Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP).
Low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
No water pollution.
Smoke and Air Tightness.
Recycling of Packaging.
Avoidance of Air Filteration.
Does not emit halogenated by-products.
Contains no raw materials known to have an estrogenic effect. The life cycle of Intumescent Mastic is over 20 years.
All materials and specifications are provided in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Thermoguard UK Ltd.
Refer to Health & Safety Data Sheets before using these products.
Sorry! We are constantly updating our product range, improving specifications and hence refreshing our website information. As a result, some of the information that would normally be shown on this page is currently unavailable on-line. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
Please get in touch with us to obtain the most up-to-date product details and specifications. Visit the CONTACTS page where you will find enquiry forms and telephone numbers.